The mission of the Asia Pacific Gateway Skills Table is to ensure the Asia Pacific Gateway has enough people with the right skills and training to meet its needs.
Our goals are:
- To provide relevant and unique labour market information.
- To serve as a clearinghouse between industry sectors for labour market information, project information, common issues and best practices, successful strategies and solutions.
- To assist industries to promote the APG as a place to work.
- To research and provide awareness of the future of work in the APG.
- To assist industry sectors to address skills gaps.
In addition to anticipating and responding to skills and labour market issues affecting various Gateway sectors, the Asia Pacific Gateway Skills Table offers a platform for stakeholders to share ideas, concerns and perspectives. We pioneer initiatives to build labour resource capacity, and aim to be a leader in developing efficient, effective trade corridors.